The good weather is coming to an end as the cooler months start to roll in, so NOW is the final chance to enjoy the outdoor adventures! From child friendly activities to romantic dates or group outings, we’ve got you covered. 8. Trekking Photo: Great Ocean Walk For the beginners, we recommend the Triplet Falls […]
Here at Eureka Skydeck we speak to hundreds of tourists everyday. So, we think we know a thing or two about what’s best in Melbourne! We are your eye in the sky on the best secret spots and places. We interviewed four staff members at Eureka Skydeck to find out the best things to do in our city.
Dom – Education Coordinator
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: welcoming, entertaining, familiar, beautiful and ‘home’.
- Best place to buy coffee in Melbourne? My favourite place to buy coffee is in Essendon- Hey Jude Café on Keilor Rd.
- Where is your fav place to relax in Melbourne? At home in my courtyard.
- Best cocktail places in Melbourne? Bomba rooftop.
- When you have international visitors stay with you, where do you show them around Melbourne? The Skydeck (of course) and a walk around The Royal Botanical Gardens. If we are stepping out of the city I always suggest a trip to The Great Ocean Road.
The Royal Botanical Gardens. Image credit: ABC
Ben – Assistant Supervisor
- Best place to get brunch in Melbourne? Tusk, Chapel St.
- Best things for sports nuts to do on the weekend in Melbourne? Catch an AFL game over the weekend.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Bars, pubs and cafes in the Melbourne CBD with my mates.
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne: The Great Ocean Road, Yarra Valley, check out the Melbourne street art and The NGV, try lots of different bars and restaurants, visit Lygon and Chapel St.
- Describe your perfect day out in the city: coffee and breakfast in the city, shopping, cinema, head to a bar, find some live music in the evening.
AFL Match. Image credit: SBS
Calli – Assistant Supervisor
- What is the best direction to view as many attractions as possible? Windows facing the east (sporting and art precinct, the gardens – Governor’s House, the Sidney Myer Music Bowl and so much more!)
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne? Hosier lane, The Botanical Gardens, The NGV, Laneway exploring and of course shopping!
- Describe your perfect day out in the city? Brunch and people watching in a cute lane way cafes, some shopping and or an art exhibition, a stroll through the gardens on the way to a river cruise towards Williamstown and a lovely dinner along the water facing the city skyline.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Anywhere along the water on a sunny day with a book or some friends watching the world go by.
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: A city like no other! 5 words isn’t enough hahaha
Hosier Lane. Image credits: Customwallpaper
Lucia – Social Media Coordinator
- Best place to get brunch in Melbourne? 3 Monkeys Place, Doncaster East.
- Best things for sports nuts to do on the weekend in Melbourne? Exploring Victoria’s best hiking spots.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Out in Warrandtye or Eltham walking along the river.
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne: Exploring Melbourne’s Laneways, going for Brunch, The Royal Botanical Gardens, cycling down Beach Road and shopping at The Queen Victoria Market.
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: multicultural, lively, friendly, beautiful and green.
Melbourne Laneways. Image credits: lynngailphotography
Stay in the know with Melbourne deals, offers and special events follow us on Facebook.
Recent News & Events
These Easter school holidays, Eureka Skydeck is once again teaming up with Crayola to invite kids to take part in FREE Easter-themed activities, every day between 11am – 3.30pm. From 1 April until 17 April, Eureka Skydeck will have a Crayola Kids Zone filled with fun craft and drawing activities, including bunny-ear making and the […]
The Chinese New Year Melbourne Festival from 27th January until 12th February 2017 will offer spectacular lighting installations, cultural performances, food experiences and public activities designed to encourage people from diverse backgrounds to come together and celebrate. From Tai Chi and dragon boat trials to cooking demonstrations and an Asian Fusion Dinner at Eureka 89, […]
For a lucky Chinese New Year 2017 visit Eureka Skydeck 88! Everyone who visits Eureka Skydeck 88 during Chinese New Year will receive a red pocket gift for their chance to win great prizes*. See Melbourne and find your good fortune on lucky level 88 – the highest viewing platform in the Southern Hemisphere. *One […]