Visit Eureka Skydeck for a great morning of breathtaking sunrise views over Melbourne. This is a perfect opportunity for photography buffs and view enthusiasts to experience Melbourne’s beauty in the morning or to treat your special someone to a romantic Valentine’s Day experience! Numbers are strictly limited and bookings are essential. Cost: Standard Entry Prices […]
Here at Eureka Skydeck we speak to hundreds of tourists everyday. So, we think we know a thing or two about what’s best in Melbourne! We are your eye in the sky on the best secret spots and places. We interviewed four staff members at Eureka Skydeck to find out the best things to do in our city.
Dom – Education Coordinator
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: welcoming, entertaining, familiar, beautiful and ‘home’.
- Best place to buy coffee in Melbourne? My favourite place to buy coffee is in Essendon- Hey Jude Café on Keilor Rd.
- Where is your fav place to relax in Melbourne? At home in my courtyard.
- Best cocktail places in Melbourne? Bomba rooftop.
- When you have international visitors stay with you, where do you show them around Melbourne? The Skydeck (of course) and a walk around The Royal Botanical Gardens. If we are stepping out of the city I always suggest a trip to The Great Ocean Road.
The Royal Botanical Gardens. Image credit: ABC
Ben – Assistant Supervisor
- Best place to get brunch in Melbourne? Tusk, Chapel St.
- Best things for sports nuts to do on the weekend in Melbourne? Catch an AFL game over the weekend.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Bars, pubs and cafes in the Melbourne CBD with my mates.
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne: The Great Ocean Road, Yarra Valley, check out the Melbourne street art and The NGV, try lots of different bars and restaurants, visit Lygon and Chapel St.
- Describe your perfect day out in the city: coffee and breakfast in the city, shopping, cinema, head to a bar, find some live music in the evening.
AFL Match. Image credit: SBS
Calli – Assistant Supervisor
- What is the best direction to view as many attractions as possible? Windows facing the east (sporting and art precinct, the gardens – Governor’s House, the Sidney Myer Music Bowl and so much more!)
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne? Hosier lane, The Botanical Gardens, The NGV, Laneway exploring and of course shopping!
- Describe your perfect day out in the city? Brunch and people watching in a cute lane way cafes, some shopping and or an art exhibition, a stroll through the gardens on the way to a river cruise towards Williamstown and a lovely dinner along the water facing the city skyline.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Anywhere along the water on a sunny day with a book or some friends watching the world go by.
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: A city like no other! 5 words isn’t enough hahaha
Hosier Lane. Image credits: Customwallpaper
Lucia – Social Media Coordinator
- Best place to get brunch in Melbourne? 3 Monkeys Place, Doncaster East.
- Best things for sports nuts to do on the weekend in Melbourne? Exploring Victoria’s best hiking spots.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Out in Warrandtye or Eltham walking along the river.
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne: Exploring Melbourne’s Laneways, going for Brunch, The Royal Botanical Gardens, cycling down Beach Road and shopping at The Queen Victoria Market.
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: multicultural, lively, friendly, beautiful and green.
Melbourne Laneways. Image credits: lynngailphotography
Stay in the know with Melbourne deals, offers and special events follow us on Facebook.
Recent News & Events
Experience Melbourne’s most romantic hotspot this Valentine’s Day at Eureka Skydeck. Open from 10am-10pm with last entry of 9.30pm, you and your loved one can enjoy breathtaking views from the city’s highest vantage point during the day, sunset or after dark. Love birds visiting Eureka Skydeck will be whisked up the elevator to relish in the breathtaking 360 […]
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Skydeck experience The magical world of wizards is descending on the city of Melbourne. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is now playing exclusively at the historic Princess Theatre in the heart of the city, with each screening split into two session times. So, what’s a muggle to do between […]
Valentine’s day will be here faster than you know it! And love is already in the air, with heart-shaped boxes of chocolates on display in shops, flower bouquets on every corner and couples walking hand-in-hand through the streets. Melbourne is a delightfully romantic city in which to spend this Valentine’s Day. Valentine’s Day is the holiday of […]