Christmas is less than a month away and you’ve probably made a start on your shopping by now. But most of us have at least one person in our lives who is particularly difficult to buy for. If you’re looking for a gift for the person who has everything, or just something a little unusual […]
Here at Eureka Skydeck we speak to hundreds of tourists everyday. So, we think we know a thing or two about what’s best in Melbourne! We are your eye in the sky on the best secret spots and places. We interviewed four staff members at Eureka Skydeck to find out the best things to do in our city.
Dom – Education Coordinator
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: welcoming, entertaining, familiar, beautiful and ‘home’.
- Best place to buy coffee in Melbourne? My favourite place to buy coffee is in Essendon- Hey Jude Café on Keilor Rd.
- Where is your fav place to relax in Melbourne? At home in my courtyard.
- Best cocktail places in Melbourne? Bomba rooftop.
- When you have international visitors stay with you, where do you show them around Melbourne? The Skydeck (of course) and a walk around The Royal Botanical Gardens. If we are stepping out of the city I always suggest a trip to The Great Ocean Road.
The Royal Botanical Gardens. Image credit: ABC
Ben – Assistant Supervisor
- Best place to get brunch in Melbourne? Tusk, Chapel St.
- Best things for sports nuts to do on the weekend in Melbourne? Catch an AFL game over the weekend.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Bars, pubs and cafes in the Melbourne CBD with my mates.
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne: The Great Ocean Road, Yarra Valley, check out the Melbourne street art and The NGV, try lots of different bars and restaurants, visit Lygon and Chapel St.
- Describe your perfect day out in the city: coffee and breakfast in the city, shopping, cinema, head to a bar, find some live music in the evening.
AFL Match. Image credit: SBS
Calli – Assistant Supervisor
- What is the best direction to view as many attractions as possible? Windows facing the east (sporting and art precinct, the gardens – Governor’s House, the Sidney Myer Music Bowl and so much more!)
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne? Hosier lane, The Botanical Gardens, The NGV, Laneway exploring and of course shopping!
- Describe your perfect day out in the city? Brunch and people watching in a cute lane way cafes, some shopping and or an art exhibition, a stroll through the gardens on the way to a river cruise towards Williamstown and a lovely dinner along the water facing the city skyline.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Anywhere along the water on a sunny day with a book or some friends watching the world go by.
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: A city like no other! 5 words isn’t enough hahaha
Hosier Lane. Image credits: Customwallpaper
Lucia – Social Media Coordinator
- Best place to get brunch in Melbourne? 3 Monkeys Place, Doncaster East.
- Best things for sports nuts to do on the weekend in Melbourne? Exploring Victoria’s best hiking spots.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Out in Warrandtye or Eltham walking along the river.
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne: Exploring Melbourne’s Laneways, going for Brunch, The Royal Botanical Gardens, cycling down Beach Road and shopping at The Queen Victoria Market.
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: multicultural, lively, friendly, beautiful and green.
Melbourne Laneways. Image credits: lynngailphotography
Stay in the know with Melbourne deals, offers and special events follow us on Facebook.
Recent News & Events
Put us at the top of your Christmas Gift List! Give the gift of Melbourne with a Gift Voucher or Membership to Eureka Skydeck. Perfect for the whole family and guaranteed to create memories that will last a lifetime. The holiday season is a perfect time to surprise that special someone with an unforgettable gift experience […]
This is a must have for teachers who are planning their City Experience Excursions. Start your day with the best views of Melbourne at Eureka Skydeck and give your students time to plan their day before heading into the CBD to explore all that our great city has to offer. Students will decipher clues, visit major landmarks […]
Eureka Climb, Australia’s biggest vertical race is held each year in November. Each year climbers tackle 88 levels and 1642 steps, with the finishing line reaching the Eureka Skydeck! Stair climbing is tough and a total body workout. If you’re thinking of doing the next climb, make sure you start training early! But there are […]