The ALL NEW VR Plank Experience Explore dizzying new heights with the great Eureka Skydeck’s VR Experience! Round up your thrill-seeking mates for a race to the finish line and conquer your fear of heights from the comfort of a digital headset. The Skydeck Plank is an exciting Virtual Reality experience that has visitors balancing […]
Here at Eureka Skydeck we speak to hundreds of tourists everyday. So, we think we know a thing or two about what’s best in Melbourne! We are your eye in the sky on the best secret spots and places. We interviewed four staff members at Eureka Skydeck to find out the best things to do in our city.
Dom – Education Coordinator
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: welcoming, entertaining, familiar, beautiful and ‘home’.
- Best place to buy coffee in Melbourne? My favourite place to buy coffee is in Essendon- Hey Jude Café on Keilor Rd.
- Where is your fav place to relax in Melbourne? At home in my courtyard.
- Best cocktail places in Melbourne? Bomba rooftop.
- When you have international visitors stay with you, where do you show them around Melbourne? The Skydeck (of course) and a walk around The Royal Botanical Gardens. If we are stepping out of the city I always suggest a trip to The Great Ocean Road.
The Royal Botanical Gardens. Image credit: ABC
Ben – Assistant Supervisor
- Best place to get brunch in Melbourne? Tusk, Chapel St.
- Best things for sports nuts to do on the weekend in Melbourne? Catch an AFL game over the weekend.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Bars, pubs and cafes in the Melbourne CBD with my mates.
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne: The Great Ocean Road, Yarra Valley, check out the Melbourne street art and The NGV, try lots of different bars and restaurants, visit Lygon and Chapel St.
- Describe your perfect day out in the city: coffee and breakfast in the city, shopping, cinema, head to a bar, find some live music in the evening.
AFL Match. Image credit: SBS
Calli – Assistant Supervisor
- What is the best direction to view as many attractions as possible? Windows facing the east (sporting and art precinct, the gardens – Governor’s House, the Sidney Myer Music Bowl and so much more!)
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne? Hosier lane, The Botanical Gardens, The NGV, Laneway exploring and of course shopping!
- Describe your perfect day out in the city? Brunch and people watching in a cute lane way cafes, some shopping and or an art exhibition, a stroll through the gardens on the way to a river cruise towards Williamstown and a lovely dinner along the water facing the city skyline.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Anywhere along the water on a sunny day with a book or some friends watching the world go by.
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: A city like no other! 5 words isn’t enough hahaha
Hosier Lane. Image credits: Customwallpaper
Lucia – Social Media Coordinator
- Best place to get brunch in Melbourne? 3 Monkeys Place, Doncaster East.
- Best things for sports nuts to do on the weekend in Melbourne? Exploring Victoria’s best hiking spots.
- Where is your favourite place to relax in Melbourne? Out in Warrandtye or Eltham walking along the river.
- Top 5 things to do in Melbourne: Exploring Melbourne’s Laneways, going for Brunch, The Royal Botanical Gardens, cycling down Beach Road and shopping at The Queen Victoria Market.
- Describe Melbourne in 5 words: multicultural, lively, friendly, beautiful and green.
Melbourne Laneways. Image credits: lynngailphotography
Stay in the know with Melbourne deals, offers and special events follow us on Facebook.
Recent News & Events
Eureka Skydeck is helping to celebrate Victorian Seniors Week! The Victorian Seniors Festival runs from Sunday 6th to Sunday 13th of October 2019 and aims to recognise and celebrate the valuable contribution our senior citizens have made and continue to make to our community. Stuck on Seniors Week ideas? What better way to celebrate Seniors […]
At Eureka Skydeck we appreciate all the hard work, dedication and support that teachers, early childhood teachers, casual relief teachers and principals provide for our Victorian students and we want to thank them for all of their efforts! That’s why we are giving teachers FREE ENTRY to the Skydeck between the 30th of September – […]
“OFFERING THE PURE JOY OF MUSICAL THEATRE AT ITS UNADULTERATED BEST, COME FROM AWAY IS A BREATHLESS CELEBRATION OF THE FINEST QUALITIES OF HUMANITY” Sunday Herald Sun COME FROM AWAY tells the remarkable true story of thousands of stranded passengers and the small town in Newfoundland, Canada that welcomed them. Cultures clashed and nerves ran […]